How to Use SEO Keywords to Support Your Marketing
February 09, 2023
A big goal of your marketing should be to show your ideal audience what your product and services can do for them. You want to show them how it can help them solve a problem. The best way to do this is to show up in the places where they are searching for answers to their questions. You can do this by talking about the specific things they are asking, using the same words that they do. But how? Enter SEO Keywords.
In 2021, a formal SEO Keyword analysis became a ‘no-brainer’ for all of our client’s roadmaps and marketing strategies. This detailed analysis supports both social content and the on-page SEO on their website.
Why Do We This?
Before 2021, keyword analysis was an add-on service for our clients. But then I noticed our clients’ success with marketing plans that included SEO Keywords. Every plan that was rooted in these keywords had stronger results than the ones that didn’t have them. The SEO analysis was dictating the kind of content we were creating, allowing us to better address the keywords, topics, problems, solutions, and questions that people are searching for.
But What About #Hashtags?
Sure, what is being searched for on Google can be different from the #hashtags they use or seek out on social platforms like Instagram, but there was still a ton of overlap. Both keywords and hashtags are used with a similar motivation, they want to serve their audience content that best matches what their audience is looking for.
How to do this:
- Determine your SEO keywords by understanding your audience’s wants/needs.
- Check out our Marketing Roadmap services if you are interested in a formal SEO Keyword plan.
- Use some of these non-technical tricks to find keywords.
- Develop a strategy to integrate them into long-form content – like a blog or landing pages on your website. Use keyword research and competitive research to understand the types of relevant blog content that will be most effective for driving relevant traffic to the website. These terms will also integrate into blog titles, meta descriptions, tags, and throughout the content.
- Now, integrate these words into your social media. Keywords can be integrated throughout social captions and used to research hashtag categories. Incorporating these keywords into your social content will help to enhance reach and visibility
At the end of the day, SEO must be a foundational piece of your marketing. To learn more about SEO and this topic, check out Nina Gibson’s podcast or contact us for a consultation.